From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of P. J. Alling
Sent: December 9, 2012 12:29 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Files reduced in size when attached to email

If you're email client is actually resizing your Jpegs I'd look into a
different email client.  You have no idea what criteria or how good the jpeg
engine was that the client decided to use.  A good client will warn you that
the attachment is too large, not decide for you and then alter the
attachment based on some arbitrary set of rules decided by a programmer who
has no idea what your intentions are.

On 12/9/2012 12:22 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Doug Franklin wrote:
>
>> Where do you see the difference in the attached file?  Has it already
been reduced in size before sending the email?  Then it's happening in your
email client and that's where you'll find any avoidance measures.
> Thanks, Doug. That's where it happens. But I don't find any setting
related to that. I'm able to upload images to the web without apparent loss
of size.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.

follow the directions.