Hi PJ, yep I still have my Leica Film SLR. But Leicas are another ball
game. And today when I have retired, my finances do not allow me to
buy a Leica digital.

Hello Bob, deep down I have a desire to own a FF DSLR. And 85% of my
lenses are FF compatible. Reason why I have skipped the
K-5/K-5s/K-5IIs. Recently the K-5 body sold for just around $ 700
brand new. I know I am being foolish, as the K-5 is years ahead of my
aging K20D. Thanks any way for your sound and logical advice.

Tom Sir, I was looking at the photos downloaded from the EOS T3i on a
desk top with a 21 inch pro screen. On our European tour last fall, I
saw the Canon 60D LCD images only. But please believe me this camera
took awesome photos w/o flash, when I would struggle with my K20D +
the built-in flash. Something to do with the internal software /
processing engines on these Canons??

Larry, here is a marvelously cheap solution for an external Flash for
Pentax DSLRs. I get 98% keepers on my K20D with a $ 20 Quantaray
QB-6550U Flash Gun + a $ 10 QDA-P Flash Module (caution: do not buy
the QDA-PAF module). This converts the unit into the old style Auto
Thyristor Flash. Put your camera on Tv (Shutter Priority) mode and the
ISO to 100. Move the slider on the Flash Module to the far right Green
position. Set the other switch on the Module to Auto. Attach the flash
gun. You will note the shutter speed is set to 180th of a second and
the aperture to f 5.6 on the camera automatically by the flash. Just
fire away, and every photo will be exposed beautifully at any distance
from the subject. If you change the ISO to 200, the aperture will be
set automatically to f 8, ISO 400 to f 8 and so on.
Now here is another great advantage. Turn the flash head up to bounce
from the ceiling. Put the camera to Av mode. Note: the aperture is
fixed at f 5.6 by the flash gun and cannot be changed. Move the ISO to
400 and fire away to get perfectly exposed shots at any distance from
the subject.
Note: this same Flash is sold by many others -eg  Pro Master as
5550DX. You can also use the Quantaray QTB-9550U (Pro Master 5750DX)
Flash with the same module. Evil bay has all of them.
Regards. Bipin.
camp: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada & not the far away enchanting land.