Uncompressed raw files on the Nikon D800 can be up to 75 Mbytes.  I'm
not sure why anyone would select that option.  The lossless
compression option results in a file that's usually around 40 Mbytes.

I convert these to DNG on import to Lightroom and the files are most
often close to 35 Mbytes.

As much chatter as you hear about handling "those huge files" I
haven't found it to be a horrible problem.

gs
George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com
www.georgesphotos.net