The diffraction effects are real, but depending your actual use of the
camera they may or may not make a lot of difference.

By the time you do a little sharpening and downsizing you won't see
anything unless you're looking for it, if at all.  Now if you're
making wall size prints it's a different story.

On the other hand, as Mark mentioned, what you will see is the
beautiful tonal gradation and wider dynamic range that is possible,
especially at the lower ISO settings.

I'm not sure if that's a result of the high pixel count or just the
natural developments of sensors and processor tech, but it's sure
nice.  I've been going over a lot of my early attempts and have
discovered less need for HDR post processing than I had expected.

On another topic, as much as everyone talks about FF cameras, I wonder
how many are thinking about the size of the lenses.  I'm not thinking
of the old manual focus lenses that the residents of this list love so
much.  I'm talking about lenses that will actually sell today and make
money for pentax.  There is a pretty big size and weight penalty.  I'm
not sure if Pentax has magic lens design skills unknown to N and C
designers, but I doubt it.

gs
George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com