On 5/2/13, Bill, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I would invite anyone who thinks FF is a good idea to handle a D4 with
>the 17-55/2.8G lens. Combined weight is slightly under two kilos, or
>just over four and a quarter pounds, and the combination is massive in
>size. Holding it felt more like a Pentax 6x7 with the 135mm macro lens
>mounted than a 35mm format camera for size and weight.
>This is the future when Pentax goes the FF route.

Good point. I'm a big guy so no problem for me but others might find it
tiresome. I had no trouble with a 1DmII and 70-200/2.8 but that combo is
certainly not a rig I would go out all day with.

I'd be interested in a Pentax FF and would slap my 85 on it right away.
Would otherwise be looking for a wide zoom, something like a 16-35 or
so. Pentax make anything in that range?

If I'm going out and about, my lil X10 (hopefully soon to be X20) will
accompany me. If the money is there, an X100s as well.

Sadly I have a huge shopping list to sort out before I get past the X20
which includes a new HD camera body (c £9k) and a self-pointing KA Sat
dish (another 7.5k) not to mention a decent mp4 encoder (6k). Too much!!!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    Broadcast, Corporate,