From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bill
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:33 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K5 RAW file size - yow!

On 05/02/2013 10:17 AM, George Sinos wrote:
> On another topic, as much as everyone talks about FF cameras, I wonder
> how many are thinking about the size of the lenses.  I'm not thinking
> of the old manual focus lenses that the residents of this list love so
> much.  I'm talking about lenses that will actually sell today and make
> money for pentax.  There is a pretty big size and weight penalty.  I'm
> not sure if Pentax has magic lens design skills unknown to N and C
> designers, but I doubt it.

I would invite anyone who thinks FF is a good idea to handle a D4 with
the 17-55/2.8G lens. Combined weight is slightly under two kilos, or
just over four and a quarter pounds, and the combination is massive in
size. Holding it felt more like a Pentax 6x7 with the 135mm macro lens
mounted than a 35mm format camera for size and weight.
This is the future when Pentax goes the FF route.

bill

follow the directions.