Assuming you are flying to Cyprus - you might want to check the airline's website and see if they have any advisories about film. The Xray machines can fog it, especially exposed rolls. But it has been years since I flew and took film, so maybe the xray machines are not so powerful these days. IIRC, the xrays machines used on checked luggage are worse than those used for your carry on bags. Of course, if you are not flying then it would not be an issue.

Personally, I'd take a light DSLR kit and a good digital P&S. That would afford some back up (2 bodies) plus there are many situations where I prefer a small camera vs a full DSLR.

But - if you think you will really want to shoot film then you should bring film ;-)

Mark