+/- on posting kids' photos.
  Negative concerns with some paranoia:
The kid's photos could be hijacked.
Posting them anywhere is posting them EVERYWHERE.
(Threats of kiddie porn...)  PDML discussions & postings are public.
Your little Suzzie is so cute somebody is gonna want to kidnap her.
(Somebody who hates you knows what/where to find your kids.)
Somebody is gonna use the child's image in their product advertising.
  Positive benefits from posting:
Grandma & Grampa get to see cute pictures of little Suzzie.
Aunts & Uncles, Cousins, Siblings can all share your child's life.
You can brag on how cute & good your kids are on Facebook.
You have some real photos of the kids growing up, aides to memory.
Your posted photos will get lost with the thousands of others on the web.
(Little Suzzie really isn't THAT CUTE, after all.)
If you work at it, your photos will get better.

On a side note, new carpet forced me to clean out my bedroom closet. :-(
A yellow box of Kodachrome slides fell on the floor from somewhere.
8/84 was printed in marker on the box.
I slid it open to magic inside.
Our boys were 2 and 4 and we were in Disneyworld.
My wife was 6 months pregnant with our daughter.
It brought back wonderful memories of our family.
And all taken on a SuperProgram with a 50mm lens.
Take lots of pictures.

regards,  Bob S.