On 24/02/2013 10:08 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
But I can see reaching a point one day where I'm so familiar with my
toolset that it could become a tedium. Tuck, as a commercial food,
headshot and product photographer shoots orders of magnitude more that
me and has been doing it for a few decades. He could shoot corporate
headshots in his sleep, and that may in fact be just about what
happens when you reach that point in your life. Job comes in: no
problem, cookie-cutter task. Take trusty camera with fave lens, setup
bog standard lighting arrangement; click. Result? Perfectly fine but
boring shot. Cash cheque. Thanks.
Buy all new equipment, and those jobs that used to be cookie cutter are still cookie cutter, but with the added element of surprise if you miss a setting on your new gear and bugger something up. So much for that client.

If you want excitement in your life go find yourself a mistress half your age.

bill