For me, one of the reasons for my photography is the end result -  the image.
The process to get there for me is both a mechanical and a creative process.
While other camera brands are available, the process would stil be the same,
but I 'd have to adapt to the new brand uniqueness and that would take away
from the creative process. So staying with a given brand lets me concentrate
more on the creative process. Not to say I couldn't eventually learn the new
brand - this and the fact that I've got a significant chuck of change in my
Pentax equipment and I just don' t see other brands being enticing enough to
make the switch.

YMMV