If the R1800 doesn't have a dedicated B&W mode (using only black
inks), then at the very minimum you need to buy the hardware and
software for making your own paper profiles to have any hope of good
black and white results. Even then it's a very finicky business. I
gave up and ended up buying an Epson R3000 with multiple black inks
for my B&W work and I believe that's really the way to go. I'd never

Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com