From: David Mann
The one at the top of Whitewater Falls in North Carolina shows how
many people ignored the sign & fell off. It gets updated
periodically.

What, "X days since someone ignored this sign and died as a result"?

Cheers,
Dave

It's been a few years, and I didn't think to photograph it at the time, so I'm going by memory, but it was something like:

"Danger! 'X' people have fallen to their deaths from the top of Whitewater Falls."

The number 'X' was on a little tag held on to the sign with screws.

I've gotten old & fat, so I don't know if I'll ever be able to hike back up there to get a photograph.