Ugh!  Just ordered a new modem to replace the modem they discontinued in 2006.
Hopefully, this will help.  Internet speed has been acting up lately--insanely
slow download times.  In the mean time here's a question.

I'm very reluctant to order cable for internet because of the costs.  For
example, you can get a Comcast special offer for 6 months but then your rates
go up.  I don't want all the cable TV stations etc.  Darrel & I aren't
interested in tv that much, and I don't want a "tv bill" as it were.  Anyone in
the Chicago area use AT&T's internet services?

Any other options I should consider besides satellite internet etc?

Thanks in advance.  Christine