On 08/06/2013 3:08 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
On Jun 8, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Bill wrote:

On 08/06/2013 8:53 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
On Jun 8, 2013, at 3:50 AM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:

On 7/6/13, Bob W, discombobulated, unleashed:

Why is it that when I want to download a FREE app, they insist on my
Apple id, and on verifying my credit card details?
If I download an app from my phone it just asks for my password.

Same here--just password.  Cheers, Christine

Do they have your credit card info on file already?

bill
They have my credit card info on file. If I want to download a book, an app,
some music, a software upgrade, whatever they offer, they know where to charge
it. All it takes is my password. If someone breaks into their files for my cc
number, or is able to get my password, they might be able to do some small
damage. If a meteorite should hit nearby, that could also do some small damage.
I don't stay awake nights worrying about either.

stan

This could explain why they aren't asking for your CC# though.

bill