On Sat, Jun 15, 2013, Eric Weir wrote:

> I'll be spending the month of September in England visiting family
> in Clacton-on-Sea and London and doing a nine-day walking tour from
> Thetford to Hunstanton to Comer. Of course I'd like to make photos
> while I'm there, but will be traveling light. My only digital camera
> at present is a ist* DS with a selection of M and A lenses. I don't
> think I want to drag that along, even with just one or two lenses,
> especially on the walk.
>
> I'd be interested in recommendations for a versatile weather resistant
> compact camera. One solution I'm considering is getting an iPhone and
> relying just on its camera, and I wonder what y'all think of that.

How much do you want/need low-light and high dynamic range (e.g.
dawn/dusk photos)?  What size/weight are you looking at?  What 35mm equiv
reach?  Price?

Because this is the Pentax list, I suppose you ought to at least look at
the WG-10 and WG-3...  ;-)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/