Eric specifically said he wanted weather resistance, which is not
something the Q series is known for.  For that matter, I doubt the
iPhone is particularly good at it, but any personal electronics designed
to be constantly carried on the body have to be at least slightly proof
against the environment.

Side note: if an iPhone is being brought for just camera usage (at at
least no phone usage), consider getting an iPod Touch instead.  Given the
current generation Touch has a Retina display, the camera is at most one
generation behind.

I had dinner with my ex-boss a few days ago, he's legally blind and is
very happy with his iPhone combined with an add-on lens for for use as a
portable magnifying glass.  (Obviously he also uses it as a phone, would
be overkill for just magnification.)

--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/