DOFmaster is available for Android and iOS products...Quick and easy DOF calculations

http://www.dofmaster.com/android.html

-p

On 6/20/2013 11:32 AM, CollinB wrote:
Your 1/3 distance into the scene seems to comport with the accepted system
that's been touted for many years.
The combination of f/16 and the 50mm lens seems a nearly ideal combination.
If you have the convenience of in-camera pre reviewing the DOF, I'm sure
you would be taking advantage of it.
Don't know how you would determine hyper-focus without an aperture scale
(ring).

Jack

Sometimes a DOF preview is too dark for practical use indoors.
And a digital image is so easily enlarged and examined ...

One cane determine DOF without a scale by letting the camera tell you the
aperture and then looking it up on a table, or calculating it.
But few want to spend the time with a calculator or a book of tables.  (And
I completely understand why.)

--
Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.