On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 04:26:36PM -0400, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
> at 6400 ISO.
>
> The camera isn't quite "plug and play" but less fiddling to get a
> jump start than I thought.  I'm in love.
>
> Do I need to load that CD that comes with it? will that install
> something that will allow me to view the DNGS as Thumbnails?

No, and no.

I've never installed any of the Pentax software on my systems.

To see thumbnail images for DNGs on XP you want something called a
"Windows Shell Extension".  I don't have my XP system fired up, so
I can't see which one I ended up using, and a Google search doesn't
bring up anything that looks quite right.  But if you switch to the
RAW+JPEG mode that's less of a problem, as you'll always have a JPEG
sitting right alongside the DNG, and that will show you a thumbnail.