Lovely colours and good composition. The land bit in lower RH corner anchors
the shot to land and I think gives it more context.

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:36 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: PESO lesson hopefully learned

This weekend was my sister's 30 year high school reunion.  She and a couple
of friends rented a house down by the yacht harbor for a couple of days.
Last night, I was down there noticed that it was a nice sunset and walked
across the street so I could get some photos of the yacht harbor without
telephone wires in the frame.  I took a variety of shots, walked back to the
house and noticed that just as I got back to the house, the colors were
peaking.  I went back down to the harbor, but by the time I got there, the
best of the color had faded.

In the future, when I'm photographing a sunset, I'll try to remember to wait
until after I see the color fading before I give up and quit shooting.

This one was from after I went back down, I had to shoot a lot tighter so
that I wouldn't get the ugly bits of the sky in the frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9346186775/

I did bracket my shots, and should probably try HDR on some of them.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc

follow the directions.