From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of steve harley
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:09 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: making Gmail show own messages (was: Re: testing OT)

on 2013-07-31 12:47 mike wilson wrote
> I seem to remember that there should be some option for setting
> messages that are sent to mail lists to show.  But it doesn't appear
> to be there.  Anyone any idea where I should be looking?

Google thinks it's helping you:

<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6588?topic=1564>

this is a bug, not a feature, but arguing with Google is pointless, so just
hack around it; if you create a filter to label mail from the list:

Matches: list: (<pdml_pdml.net.pdml.net>) Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label
"pdml"

all list messages, including yours, should appear in that label (aka
mailbox); if for some reason that doesn't work, add a criterion to the
filter to also label your messages sent to the list:

matches: to: (<pdml@pdml.net>)

> If not, does anyone have any idea about manually importing old data
> into Thunderbird?  I went from XP to Ubuntu - the auto import does not
> want to work and if I try to import the address book file and inbox
> folder manually, it stops T'bird working.  If I had any wit at all, I
> would be at the end of it.

without more info the question is too broad; it really depends on the form
of the original email data; if it's on an IMAP server, simply point
Thunderbird at that account (you can have multiple email accounts in TBird),
and possibly copy it to your Gmail account or a local folder; if it's stored
in local email files, it will help to know what format (mbox, maildir, some
corruption thereof, something else?); with a handle on that you should be
able to google up some resources, but the answer may be here:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail>

follow the directions.