Thanks, Mark. It was a bit of a rushed trip to run the Skukuza Half Marathon. 270km from Phalaborwa to Lower Sabie through the Park on the Friday & then back on the Sunday. With a speed limit of 50km/h, game sightings & refreshment breaks it becomes at least an 8 hour trip. We saw & photographed a lot of stuff but I think people will be bored by shots of individual animals without a story so I only posted the Panos & the Giant Kingfisher. We actually saw 4 big herds of Buffalo. The Aloes were already past their best. The K7 will soon be here!

Regards

Alan

-----Original Message----- From: Mark C
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:28 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: 2 PANOS

Quite stunning - remarkable wildlife you have there.

Mark

On 8/12/2013 11:01 AM, Alan C wrote:
A couple of Panos from last weekend in Kruger. Right click to chose a larger size & then pan L & R.

Olifants Camp is situated high on a ridge on the E bank of the Olifants river. From here you can see for miles. There used to be a pay telescope at the point from which I took these 5 stitched photos but it was vandalised & removed. This is a favourite spot for tourists, especially those sporting big white lenses. My humble K110D was the rose among the thorns. The Pano is roughly 180deg, looking W.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/9490052257/lightbox/

Buffaloes live in matriarchal herds comprising several hundred individuals. The mature bulls graze alone or in small groups to build up strength for periodical sex orgies. This herd of about 300 was basking in the mid-day sun south of Satara camp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/9492846800/lightbox/

Alan C