On Thu, Sep 5, 2013, at 5:11, John wrote:
Sounds like a full time job

it does take work to set up with a good email service; but it has saved me a lot of time & frustration versus the service i had with my ISP; when you purchase a domain, it is much simpler to use one service as both web and email host, but very few are great at email

with Fastmail, setting up email for two domains took me a couple of hours, mostly reading docs to understand how a wildcard should be set up and how to make both domains deliver to one IMAP account; it would be a lot easier for most people with one domain and limited aliases, and also cheaper; once it's set up it needn't be touched, it just works

every couple months i tweak my Sieve scripts, but i probably make more use of filtering than 99.9% of fastmail's customers, and i would be tweaking filters on the client side if not for Sieve (server side filtering has major advantages)

and a pretty damn unreasonable burden for
someone who just wants to be able to send and receive email without some
unaccountable asshole in California throwing darts to decide which ISP
gets screwed today.

having been at an ISP that was blacklisted several times, i know the anger, but responsibility really lies with those (such as PDML's host) that _choose_ to use the blacklists