On 9/14/2013 10:03, Darren Addy wrote:
Considering that Ann has an *ist D for sale right now, I thought this
post might be of interest.
Make her an offer quick before she decides to keep it and do this herself.
:)
Zero chance of that - you would not be surprised to learn :-)

Thanks for posting this, Darren - maybe you got me a customer...

What I'd really like is someone who doesn't mind the green duct tape on the grip

ann

(PS.. *ist DL and DS are going from $119-125 on KEH, but they have NO
*ist D for some odd reason. That odd reason may be the link below.)

As you may recall, the *ist D sensor was much more sensitive to
infrared light even BEFORE removing the hot filter, so this makes it a
great camera to mod for IR. You can pay some place to do the
conversion, or you can follow these step-by-step instructions
yourself.

https://sites.google.com/site/vincenzomiceli/pentax--ist-d-ir-mod

If you need some inspiration, here is a portfolio from a guy who used
a converted *ist D
http://www.jrsphotos.com/lrg/portfolio/infrared/index.html

Another article on converting an *ist D
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/convert-your-digital-slr-to-infrared-8725

I got one myself, for this purpose, and it is one of the "yet to do"
projects on my list.