>Wow. I thought that most of us had advanced beyond thinking that
>megapixels was the only metric to use when comparing DSLR
>capabilities.

How soon we forget ... that the bigger the neg the better the image.
Pixel count is merely the digital equivalent of larger film formats --
except we get to keep our lenses.
So it's like the old 6-10Mp cameras equal shooting 125 and now we all have
blad equivalent bodies and still drool for more.
If there's one principle that defines American society it is embodied in the
term "upgrade."  And we're all guilty.