What is important to you isn't necessarily important to someone else.
I am really having trouble figuring out what specific problem there is
with video on a still camera.  Don't use it.  I don't use the video
function on my K-5.  I also don't use the TAv mode, but I don't
complain that it takes up extra space on the dial, I simply ignore it.

What, specifically, about video on your dSLR is inhibiting your taking
still picture?

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com