With that in mind, I invite you to click the link below, for your viewing pleasure:

WARNING: 12MP PAGE!!!!

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/k3k5/idonttestcameras.html

Don't crank at me if your browser hocks a loogie.

Anyway, it's fairly self explanatory.
I had noise reduction set to off on both cameras.
I downsized the 5% images by 50%, I downsized the K3 file to the same as the full K5 dimension, and then downsized it again by 50% to get the same length.
The K3 image is a little taller than the K5 image.
Images shot using a desk lamp for illumination, lens was the DFA 100/2.8 macro at f/8.
The focus was about a third of the way from the trim ring to the tip.
I thought the K5 was pretty good at high ISO.
The K3 doesn't have to worry about high ISO performance.

What this set of images doesn't show, because it can't, is how much more of a pleasure to use the K3 is over the K5. Everything about the K3 is better in terms of usability. I'm super impressed with this camera so far.

bill