On 11/19/2013 3:43 AM, Bill wrote:
Missed again, Boris.

Well, it then only fits a saying that I invented on my own - "we aim to please, sometimes we miss".

Further, in my area of interest :-), contrast is usually extreme. Thus
even a minor error is what it is - an error. Now, the more DR I have -
the more tolerance/leeway for correction I am given.

Fair enough. I delayed this reply in hopes that DXO would do the K3
fairly soon, but it looks like this will not be the case. I am guessing
that when they do test the K3, that it will turn in really close to the
K5 at base ISO, I would think in the 13.5 range.

We will see, but I trust your experience and might of Pentax engineers as far as imaging engine goes.

You always make sense, no matter how unmercifully I tease you.

From personal promo: "Boris Liberman - making sense for 42 years" :-)

Boris