You've seen Bill's lovely flower; from me you get dead leaves.

Bill did adjustments to his 16 images in Camera Raw and then sent them to
Photoshop to merge layers.
I sent my 10 images to Helicon Focus, then did adjustments on the output merged
image. (Using LR4)
Bill used a bellows and 100mm macro.
I used the 35mm macro.
Bill's subject had a clear three-dimensional quality to it.
My subject probably has about the same depth but the gradations from near to
far are a bit more subtle.

I used Liveview and focus peaking to do the successive image slices through the
subject and I believe Bill did the same.

So, what you see here is not in any sense a replication of Bill's work, but
rather an independent totally different example of this focus stacking business.

I uploaded 4 images:

First, a 6016x4000 image downsized to 2400xwhatever. This is the full stack of
10 images.
Full Stack:  http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e387e914

Next, the "best" single image from the series, same dimensions as above.
Single image:  http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e3dba3814

Next a 1-to-1 crop of the stacked image:
1024x735 portion of full stack:
http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e2015d44d

And then a 1311x1017 1-to-1 crop of the single image.
1311x1017 portion of single image:
http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e24f2cbe0

Note that once you've followed the first link, click on the image for a larger
view. From there, a right-arrows takes you to the next, left-arow brings you
back etc. so you can do comparisons more easily.
Also note that I applied the same adjustments to the single image that I had
previously arrived at for the stacked image.

stan