Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org> wrote:

>Sorry, I didn't see this question until now. I hope it is not too late.
>
>While I like Venetian and went there many times, I didn't find it
>that interesting to photograph.
>
>Here is what I'd recommend:
>1. Within Vegas, I would recommend going to the "Secret Garden &
>Dolphin
>Habitat" in Mirage.
>2. Street views of and from Belagio - in the evening when the musical
>fountain in front of it is playing. (Every hour? or half-an-hour? check
>the hotel's website for the schedule/)
>3. Also, inside Belagio, there is a nice area that is called
>"Conservatory and Botanical Gardens":
>http://www.bellagio.com/attractions/botanical-garden.aspx
>Their holiday display there is only until January 5, but even beyond
>that, you might catch some nice photos.
>

>4. I second Ken's suggestion for Red Rock Park.
>I don't have my photos posted, but my wife has a bunch from almost
>exactly a year ago:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/jprusakova/sets/72157632470167704/
>
>Cheers,
>
>Igor

I think by now it's clear you should go to Red Rock Park. Whether you walk it
or drive it, it's very nice and accessible.

Another place I'd encourage you to visit, though not for photography, is the
National Atomic Testing Museum, also a few minutes drive from the Strip. They
have a huge exhibit chronicling the history of that endearing desire humans
have to blow shit up with atomic bombs. Lots of stuff on display, much of which
you can touch, and excellent photographs and audio- visual displays. Don't miss
the simulated bomb test from a recreated bunker; it made me shudder.

The museum is a Smithsonian affiliate, and even though I work for the SI, I
don't get a commission if you visit it :-)

Lastly, make sure to grab a burger and fries at one of the many In n' Out
joints in the area. Take a detour if need be. Seriously.

Cheers,

  —M.

  \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

  http://EnticingTheLight.com