On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Dario Bonazza
<dario.bona...@virgilio.it> wrote:

> Great, but what's the point of spreading the same amount of light gathered by
> the same front lens on a larger sensor having say the same pixel count (e.g.
> 24 MP) while losing one stop for exposure?

To smooth the transition for people with APS-C lenses, I suppose. (I
don't know if it makes more sense than just cropping the middle
portion of the FF sensor. I guess it depends on the FF pixel count,
and whether a bigger but darker viewfinder image is better than a
smaller, vignetted one.)