Quoting sup8pdct <sup8p...@clubtelco.com>:

I am back after traveling for almost 12 months.
Here is a map type of thingy of where we stayed during the trip, Some places were a day, some 2 weeks. Less then 4% were caravan parks. The rest was either national parks or free camping.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u626/sup8pdct/camps_zps3ec552b5.jpg

My wife broke her camera in a remote spot in the northwest region. It was either save the camera or save her face and serious injury. She refuses to put the strap around her neck as it annoys the living hell out or her, so she was carrying it. Her foot got caught on a rock while getting over a pile of rocks. The camera (K5) went sailing through the air and hit a rock ripping the lens mount clean off the body. I put it back on again when we got back to camp without joining the wire up and it still worked, tho no telling when the screws will rip out again with a big lens or a minor fall. Off to the camera repair place soon with it. She also dropped it a few days earlier on to rocks. maybe that weakened it a little. Mine is fine tho it took a tumble out of the 4X4 and broke the 77mm skylight filter on the 16-50 2.8. Again, the wife was at fault. tho i didn't put it back in the camera bag so will still blame her ;)

She is now asking 'can we go again, please?'

The trip wasn't long enough, but pressing matters like $$$$ seams to get in the way. I took something like 10,000 images on the trip. One or two may be good enough to get somewhere in comps.

James

Looks like a great trip. I've visited most of those locations (for nowhere near long enough) apart from the north-west and the Top End, which are tentatively planned for 2015. I'm envious of your travels.

Some pics soon, I trust?

--
Cheers

Brian