On Feb 20, 2014, at 2:31 PM, knarf <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a bunch of them. I didn't see any that get into what's going on in
> the Ukraine.

The protests began when President Yanukovych ruled out an accord with the
European Union and instead moved to form a close alliance with Russia and
Putin. Many Ukranians, apparently, would rather be part of the union than a
Russian puppet state. They’ve been occupying the square for a long time, but
the demonstrations have now spread, probably because with the olympics taking
place not far from there, they get more exposure. It’s an ugly situation, but
most westerners,  myself included, tend to come down on the people’s side and
favor the Ukraine as an European Union state rather than a Russian ally. It may
be politics, but it’s not something that list members are likely to get
emotional about, other than lamenting a bad situation.

Paul