on 2014-02-22 11:00 Ann Sanfedele wrote
and I could.  I considered making it without the type (I tried to make it look
as much as what I remember the "font" to be when "punching" the holes in
photoshop).

it's a fun concept, but i don't think that font is accurate; looks like American Typewriter, and i remember a more stripped down typeface on punch cards; i tried to find you a more accurate typeface, and came up with this:

<http://mplus-fonts.sourceforge.jp/webfonts/index-en.html#fonts_set>

that is a large group of fonts, and you may have trouble unpacking the download - contact me offlist if you'd like me to send the most appropriate fonts

i found it by way of this amusing tool which executes google searches by
teletype:

<http://www.masswerk.at/google60/>

i didn't use punch cards much - at university i was lucky to plunge directly into interactive CRT terminal use in 1978; on the side i had a research assistantship with Arthur Swersey, a disarmingly non-conformant biz school professor who wouldn't blink when i showed up at his office in bare feet and cutoffs; one of my many tasks with Prof. Swersey was to set up some SIMULA jobs to run on an IBM 360; i think that, about 1981, was my only contact with punch cards, and it felt pretty old-fashioned