Didn't even notice. You did say first *organized* ice hockey game.

On 2/22/2014 4:40 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Doh. Make that 1875 in Montreal. But you knew that.

On Feb 22, 2014, at 4:31 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

It seems as though the first organized  ice hockey game may have been played in
Montreal in 1975. It was probably  a variant of field hockey type games played
in Ireland and Scotland.  Oxford University in the UK started playing ice
hockey in 1885. Yale and John Hopkins in the U.S. started playing in 1893. The
University of Michigan and Michigan State University played their first varsity
hockey game in 1922.