Darren,
I'm using the original firmware for the K-3.  Haven't upgraded anything yet.
But will directly as the new 1.4X arrives tomorrow.
And John,
I've never filled card #2, but doesn't that describe Rob's original complaint.
He filled card #1, replaced it, and it didn't transition back when
card #2 filled.
Regards,  Bob S.