I don't know anything about AV software for Macs but I do know they have have a "hosts" file and I'm pretty sure it's called hosts.

On 3/9/2014 1:04 AM, John wrote:
I mentioned here before that I have acquired a Mac Mini that's supposed to be a little home recording studio. I'm getting ready to un-box it and set it up, and I already know I'm going to have to connect it to the internet for software authentication. (I've been reading the manual ... gives a whole new meaning to "fine print".)

Anyway, I "know" Macs aren't supposed to get viruses, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

So, before I take the plunge & plug it in, I'd like suggestions for anti-virus software for the Mac.

Also, do Macs have a "hosts" file?

On Windoze, I use a robust "hosts" file to block unwanted SPAM & Malware sites.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken