On Mar 14, 2014, at 1:01 am, Gerrit Visser <gerrit...@psgv.ca> wrote:

> Are there a lot of houses getting this proofing done? We visited in 2011 11
> days before the quake, beautiful city.

I don't think many places are getting this level of treatment.  In areas where
the ground is bad, the government have "red-zoned" them and paid the owners to
move on.  But this is one house among a good area.  This one must have been
cheaper to fix than replace.

Would have been nice to meet up if I'd known you were here :)  I bet you're
glad you left before it happened!

Cheers,
Dave