On Mar 14, 2014, at 6:24 am, John <johnsess...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did they embed the ends of those wooden piles in the concrete slab?
>
> I don't think that's such a good idea. Even pressure treated wood will
> rot when it's embedded in concrete ... found out about that the hard way.

Yes they are embedded.  I don't see an awful lot of moisture getting into that
wood though.  Usually slab foundations have a moisture barrier underneath, and
there will be a house on top to keep the rain out.

Anyway I'm sure they know a lot more about this than I do... but then I might
have thought the same about the cheapskate developers who built houses with
unreinforced foundations on dodgy land out east.  They laughed all the way to
the bank, leaving the residents / government to pick up the pieces.

Cheers,
Dave