I'm not sure it would be worth it. Start importing that Arabian oil (that foul black sticky stuff is called "oil" btw) and pretty soon you're over-run with Arabian princelings.

Next thing you know the place is all cluttered up with discotheques and condominium developments and you can't get rid of 'em because DDT has been banned.