Pull $10,000 in cash out of the bank.
Buy a decent pair of speakers for about $800, and spend about $100 for your favorite libation. Pour a glass of the drink, put your favorite music on the stereo and while sipping a drink and listening to the music, make a small bonfire with the remaining money.

You'll save yourself time, money frustration and end up with a better sounding
system.

Mark Roberts wrote:
Bill wrote:

I just got word that one of my much loved Celestion Ditton 332 speakers
has become deceased. As I like good speakers, I am thinking, why not buy
components, build the boxes (I can do this as long as I have
specifications to build to), and make my own?

So, with this in mind, does anyone on the list share in this particular
passion, and if so, can you give me some pointers, websites to visit,
help me choose components, etc?

I appreciate any support and help that I can get.

As a former high end audio tech (who's built a few pairs of speakers
in his time) I'd advise you to reconsider. It's *much* more
complicated than it first appears and it's highly unlikely you'll be
able to come anywhere near the quality of the Celestions you're
replacing.