I know you're not adverse to manual focusing so if you're looking for a 24mm on the cheap that's pretty good optically, well actually very good optically you might want to try to find a Vivitar 24mm f2.8. I think the identical lens from Tokina was sold in Vivitar livery in an M42 screw mount, K mount Ka mount and as part of the TX interchangeable mount systems. The TX mount version will be K mount only as the TX lenses were discontinued before the introduction of the A mount by Pentax. Sadly I don't have one of them anymore as I was able to get an SMCP-A 24mm f2.8 and a SMCP version as well, so the Vivitar was really really redundant.

A bit more prone to flair that an actual SMC lens but using a lens hood designed for a 35mm focal length would work fine on an APS-C camera.

There was also a Vivitar f2.0 24mm made by Kiron, that is M42 or K mount only for Pentax users AFAIK but it's supposed to be a cult classic, which may or may not be reflected in the price, if you can find one.