Hi Mark:

We did a 2,265 mile road trip this summer.  I did take a back-up body (K5) just
in case the K-3 malfunctioned.  As to lenses I had the two pancakes 21 & 40 &
DA 50-135mm, a flash. Of course, I had a remote, extra batteries and chargers,
memory cards, though I had two 32 gig cards in the K3, so I didn't need too
many extra 8 gig cards.

Because we had the car, I had two camera bags:  one for the field and a tech
bag. I used the original classic Domke bag as my tech bag, which was filled
with the stuff I didn't need in the field bag on any given day.  I usually had
the pancakes on the camera and in the field bag since we did a lot of urban
stuff, but the DA* 50-135 was used for more landscapeish destinations.  But I
left it in the tech bag if I didn't need it. I also left the K5 in the tech
bag.  I brought my travel tripod, but didn't use it that much-- mostly just
shots of Darrel and me, though it remained in the car most of the time. I did
take my little Optio WG just in case we splashed around in water, but that
didn't happen either.  The Optio could have served as a back up, but the high
ISO quality isn't very good, which doesn't surprise me since it's really an
outdoor adventure camera.

I did think about bringing my MX to shoot some film, but decided against it.
These days packing a lot of gear is not very appealing.

So, that's what I do/did when traveling.

Cheers, Christine

Sent from my iPad