On 9/22/2014 4:24 AM, mike wilson wrote:
  On 21 September 2014 21:41, Ciprian Dorin Craciun
<ciprian.crac...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think the DA 50/1.8 is an beautiful lens. It'll probably vignette if
Pentax ever does deliver a FF DSLR, but if it vignettes too much I've
got a FA50/1.4 as plan B.

     P.S.:  I don't plan on upgrading to FF (at least not in the next
five years);  or if this would have been a buying decision factor I
think I would have went with Nikon.  I think that APS-C is, just like
the DA 50mm, "good enough" for me:  not too heavy and not too
expensive, acceptable ISO quality and dynamic range.

From my own, simple, testing, any DA lens longer than about 24mm does
not vignette on 35mm.  If anything, a DA lens of similar focal length
will probably produce (hmmm, how to put this? let's just keep it
simple) better pictures on 35mm because of the progress in design to
deal with the higher definition needed for a smaller sensor.

Well then, that's good news.