El 08/10/2014 15:45, Ann Sanfedele escribió:

Carlos - thanks...
I sure appreicate the offer, but I looked one up on ebay and it
weighs 15 ounces.. twice as much as the 18-55.. The K-5 with the
lens I have is already heavier than I can manage comfortably these
days. (Remembering the days when I had two lx's , one with a 135
one with a 28 around my neck for hours... before broken back and
shoulder and much younger. sigh.)

The lens balances very well on my k-7, which is the same size and weight as your k-5. It doesn't feel heavy and it has the advantage of not changing its length when zooming or focusing. Of course, it is bigger as it is also faster than the Pentax. Sigma says in its web page that the lens weighs 13.9 oz. (395 gr.)

If you change your mind, let me know and I'll send the lens your way. I use it very little because I also have a Sigma 18-50 2.8, so it is redundant. In case you want it, I'll also pay for the shipping expenses.

Carlos