I use a Spyder 4 and have managed very good calibration on my 27" wide
gamut monitors, the Spyder software also has an option to refresh the
LUT in presetable increments in case the LUT gets overwritten by rogue
apps or the OS.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9304908/temp/LUT-refresh.png

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)