I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same tilt screen used on the new
Nikon D5500: http://www.nikon.com/news/2015/0106_dslr_01.htm

I don't think it is Mark. Mine only tilts in the vertical plane while it sounds like the D5500 tilts in multiple planes.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <postmas...@robertstech.com>
Subject: Re: New Pentax DSLR & Lenses

Ken Waller wrote:

While a  tilt screen will be welcome to some, it introduces another
mechanical system that can fail, and makes the camera a bit bulkier.

I've got a tilt screen back on my Nikon Coolpix 7100 and at most it adds a
quarter to a half inch to the depth of the body. While it has its usages I
haven't got into those situations where it is necessary.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com