Here is an article in The Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2015/feb/03/instagram-generation-amateur-photographers-art-plagiarism

While the article raises some interesting questions, I disagree with some of the statements the author makes. E.g. he suggests that you cannot "take really great pictures" on a cruise. And that's because more than one person can take similar pictures there.
That's total nonsense!
He also implies that ones there is a view, different photographers are bound to take similar photo (unlike artists, who are bound to paint different paintings).

If I were to translate that to a different setting: people will not get "really great pictures" at GFM, because they all see the same wonderfully looking views.

I wonder what other PDMLers think about this...

Igor