Trifocals and yes that is a thing. There are also progressives if you like the psychedelic trip effect all the better.

On 3/23/2015 11:28 PM, Bill wrote:
On 23/03/2015 9:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
I was thinking more of the opposite and just putting the reading
glasses on and using the screen instead of having to take the reading
glasses on and off constantly to go between the viewfinder and review
screen.   But I do understand the short arm issue very well.

Some of the people in my wife's office have computer glasses, which have a slightly closer diopter for the main part of the lens, and a conventional bifocal diopter for the bottom. Apparently you lose infinity focus, but for around the house or office they are great. I suspect that studio photographers would find them more useful than landscape photographers.

bill

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen