> On May 12, 2015, at 14:42 , Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Charles,
> Had a problem with the door on my *istD (My dropping it).
> Repair was $200+ on the weather sealed door.
> Hope they have improved design since then.
> Repair had to take apart a large part of the shell to fix it.
> I should have just used black duc tape after the super glue failed.

I took the rubber seal off, which let me get to the retention clips that let
the plastic part slide all the way off of the metal part of the door.

Glued the plastic back together... that's when I noticed that part of the
plastic has a "loop" which expects the hinge pin to slide through it.  That
won't do, if I'm leaving the hinge pin in place!   A little dremel undid the
loop so I could slide the plastic back onto the metal part of the door until it
clicked into place onto the metal part of the door.

Then the rubber was re-applied to the metal.  Done.  Good enough for government
work, and I'm confident that the door is still weatherproof, as the only
weatherproof ANYTHING on the door is where the metal part of the door (with its
rubber seal) is pressed against the SD slot (and the magic "shut the camera off
if the door's open" button).

It sure looks like a major disassembly is required to get that hinge pin out -
certainly the top plate of the camera would have to come all of the way off --
which is NOT going to happen in the time that I own this camera!

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN