Eric, from my own experience, I'd toss the drive that failed. It
probably wasn't a software hiccup that caused the failure. The
mechanical failure will recur--it's only a question of when. I lost a
significant portion of my catalog on one computer under similar
circumstances. I was able to recover some, but not the all of it.

Yonnie